Monday, December 25, 2017

My Reasons for becoming a vehicular nomad. (Philosophy & Inspiration)

Postdated to 04/01/2017.

  This will be a longer entry, as the content is complex, broad and philosophical in nature. I will try my best to keep it organized into groupings of thought.

  I have always been enamored by the thought of travel, and therefore have romanticized the idea of living a "gypsy-esque"  lifestyle (disclaimer: I am Roma - SJW's feel free to judge anyway). As I have grown into an adult and become seasoned, my ideas of what exactly that means have evolved, starting with a hedonistic oriented womanizing playboy, who traveled in search of sensual gratification and grand life experiences, to the stereotypical "dirty-hippie", to my current iteration of ego which is more fluid: a traveling massage therapist, who seeks free will, experiences and natural beauty on the open road. All of this to say that I have had a hard time labeling myself, or even being OKAY with the concept of labeling oneself. I tend to have many different personality traits that are stereotypical to many different character types. For example, I have an excellent sense of time, which is a trait often exhibited by type A character types. At the same time, I am very spontaneous, which is not a stereotypical trait of an type A character, but more of a free and abstract thinking "hippie." You can see why I have difficulty fitting myself into a box of any sort! For all of you Astrology fans out there, I am a Gemini sun sign...surprise, not!

  Due to my tendency to romanticize travel and minimalism, as well as my spontaneous nature, I have always "lived out of" my car - constantly moving, visiting friends, going on short trips...occasionally sleeping in my vehicle, but mainly camping outside, or crashing a couch. As I worked "adult jobs" and gained life experiences I started to realize that I do not enjoy being told what to do, when to do it - how to live my FREAKING life! This mentality translates to every aspect of my life, whether it be romantic relationships, or where I put my toothbrush in the shared bathroom of wherever I was living. After what feels like many years of trying to find a balance between mental health, work, staying true to myself and maintaining my own happiness I decided that living in a vehicle was a great way to satisfy the majority of my needs. Read Part 2 of My Reasons for becoming a vehicular nomad - where I will share what inspired me and how I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, stories and rants. Let's collaborate!!

A Jarring Stop ( Featured Weekly )

 I was making good/steady progress, with almost 10 hours spent behind the wheel, it was 9:30pm and I was crossing the border from Maryland ...