Thursday, February 22, 2018

A Jarring Stop ( Featured Weekly )

 I was making good/steady progress, with almost 10 hours spent behind the wheel, it was 9:30pm and I was crossing the border from Maryland – Virginia. ‘BUH-BOOM-POP-POP’ a double blowout as I pulled over onto the shoulder to get a picture. A FREAKING PICTURE!!! I was so upset with myself for letting my excitement get the best of me, and I felt awful for Lillith as the impact was very violent and I feared that her undercarriage may have been damaged. It took only about a half hour for the tow driver to hook up to her, but it felt like an eternity! Jim was his name, nice guy, local boy born and raised in Virgina on Nascar. Thank goodness I adapt to accents quickly and was wearing my “God Bless America” hat. I find that a smidge of social camoflague goes a hell of a long way in any social situation. With that being said, I truly enjoyed his company. He was an affable fellow, kindhearted and happy to jaw at me about towing cars and his own mis-adventures with hitchhiking in his youth. I appreciated his help so much that I bought him a pack of cigarettes. I know it’s a strange way of doing it, buying someone cigarettes, but I believe in paying it forward! It didn’t take long for us to arrive at the Hagerstown Walmart in Maryland. By that time my spirits had rose back to pretty much normal…I’ve always been a cup half full kinda guy 😊 

Stay safe everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, stories and rants. Let's collaborate!!

A Jarring Stop ( Featured Weekly )

 I was making good/steady progress, with almost 10 hours spent behind the wheel, it was 9:30pm and I was crossing the border from Maryland ...